Thursday, August 25, 2016 – Away Football Game vs. Columbus St. Francis de Sales
Be sure to get something to eat after school. Band members will be able to purchase food during third quarter break, but this should not be considered dinner.
4:15PM Load Equipment, Get on Uniforms (as needed)
5:00PM Meet in Auditorium for Announcements
5:10PM Load Buses
5:15PM Depart LHS
6:15PM Arrive at St. Francis de Sales, Unload
8:00PM Halftime Performance
9:15PM Game concludes.
9:30PM Depart St. Francis de Sales
10:30PM Arrive back to LHS and unload equipment
10:45PM Band is dismissed once the band room is clean
Checklist for Thursday
_____ White Band Socks
_____ White Tennis Shoes
_____ Band Shorts
_____ Black or Brown belt
_____ Band Polo Shirt (tucked in)
_____ Instrument and Accessories
– Make sure you have clean white tennis shoes and white band socks (Must be correct length). No jewelry or nail polish is to be worn with any uniform, including earrings and other piercings. Long hair should be put up in a bun.
– Instruments need to be cleaned, polished, and sticks taped prior to report time.
– Reminder about itineraries: “To be early is to be on time. To be on time is to be late.”
– We encourage our parents and band supporters to cheer loudly and enjoy the band from the stands. Due to safety, limited space, and athletic department rules, adults in the end zone must have a chaperone or equipment badge.
– IMPORTANT – Please do not park on either side of the fire lane at any time. This is the drive that loops around directly to the band room and to the front of the GAC entrance. Parents are asked to find a designated parking spot to drop off or pick up your son/daughter.
– This Friday is Band Picture Day. We will get on uniforms immediately after school. Full Band and Section pictures will be at 3:30pm, with individual pictures thereafter. Band members having individual pictures taken must sign up for a time on the music office window. Order forms and money should be turned in to the photographer that day.
– Next week’s Football Game is away versus Dublin Jerome.
– Each year, the band does an open rehearsal and performance at Fulton Field prior to our first contest. This year, it will be held on Thursday, September 8. This will replace the typical 3-5pm rehearsal that day. Parents and community members will be invited to watch the rehearsal. The band will perform their competition show at the end of rehearsal, at approximately 8:20pm.
– Our first home game will be Friday, September 9.
– Our first competition is scheduled for Saturday, September 10 at Licking Heights High School. We expect to perform at approximately 7:30pm. Report time will be early afternoon. Stay tuned for details.
– The Band of Gold Invitational will be held on Saturday, September 17. Please reserve ALL DAY. More information will be announced soon.