Open Rehearsal & Community Performance at Fulton Field
Thursday, September 8, 2016
There will be no 3-5pm rehearsal today. Band members will be wearing summer uniforms tonight.
5:00PM Band Room is open
5:15PM Percussion meet in parking lot behind Ewing to unload
5:30PM Warm Up and Sectional Time
6:00PM Rehearsal at Fulton Field
7:00PM Water break and get hats/plumes
8:15PM BAND OF GOLD PERFORMANCE
8:40PM Get hats/plumes put away
8:50PM Band is dismissed. Band room will be open to take back equipment.
Home Football Game vs. Cathedral High School (Hamilton, Ontario)
Friday, September 9, 2016
Band members will be wearing summer uniforms tonight.
Be sure to get something to eat after school. Band members will be provided a complimentary hot dog and drink during third quarter break, but this should not be considered dinner.
4:00PM Report Time
Percussion – On the pad
Winds and Guard – On the practice field
4:30PM Full Band Rehearsal (On the practice field)
5:30PM Load Equipment and Change into Uniforms
6:15PM Meet in Auditorium for Announcements
6:25PM Report to Parade Block for Uniform Inspections
6:40PM March to Fulton Field
7:15PM Pre-Game Show
8:30PM Halftime Performance – Entire Contest Show (approximate time)
9:45PM Game concludes (approximate time)
10:00PM March back to Band Room and unload equipment (approximate time)
10:35PM Band is dismissed once the band room is clean (approximate time)
Checklist for Thursday and Friday
_____ White Band Socks
_____ White Tennis Shoes
_____ Band Shorts
_____ Black or Brown belt
_____ Band Polo Shirt (tucked in)
_____ Instrument and Accessories
OMEA Adjudicated Event at Licking Heights
Saturday, September 10, 2016
Band members will be wearing full uniforms tonight.
8:30AM Band Room Opens for Extra Practice and Cleaning Instruments
11:30AM Percussion Warm Up
1:00PM Winds/Guard Warm Up
1:30PM Full Band Rehearsal (on the practice field)
3:00PM Load Equipment
3:15PM Change into Uniforms and Eat Dinner (on your own)
4:15PM Depart for Licking Heights HS
5:15PM Arrive at Licking Heights HS
6:30PM Warm Up
7:45PM BAND OF GOLD PERFORMANCE TIME!!!
9:15PM Depart Licking Heights HS
10:00PM Arrive at Lancaster HS
10:30PM Band is dismissed once the band room is cleaned (approximate time)
Checklist for Saturday
_____ Black Band Socks
_____ Black Band Shoes
_____ Black Gloves
– If you would like to ride home with a parent after the game, please be sure to follow the guidelines outlined in the handbook.
“Parents must submit a written request at least 24 hours prior to departure. Notification on the day of the trip cannot be accepted. The student and parent must check out before leaving. There will be an assigned chaperone or staff member near the buses for this purpose.”
– Make sure you have clean white tennis shoes and white band socks (Must be correct length). No jewelry or nail polish is to be worn with any uniform, including earrings and other piercings. Long hair should be put up in a bun.
– Instruments need to be cleaned, polished, and sticks taped prior to report time.
– Reminder about itineraries: “To be early is to be on time. To be on time is to be late.”
– We encourage our parents and band supporters to cheer loudly and enjoy the band from the stands. Due to safety, limited space, and athletic department rules, adults in the end zone must have a chaperone or equipment badge.
– After our performance on Thursday, we invite anyone who would like to help this season with sideline equipment to meet on the track for a short training.
– IMPORTANT – Please do not park on either side of the fire lane at any time. This is the drive that loops around directly to the band room and to the front of the GAC entrance. Parents are asked to find a designated parking spot to drop off or pick up your son/daughter.
– We need as many volunteers as possible at the Band of Gold Invitational next Saturday, September 17. Please contact Lori Peters at email@example.com if you can help in any way.
– Next week’s Football Game (Friday, September 16) is home versus Newark.
– The Band of Gold Invitational will be held on next Saturday, September 17. Please reserve ALL DAY. More information will be announced soon.