Homecoming Football Game vs. Pickerington Central
8th Grade Band Night
Friday, October 7, 2016
4:15PM – Report Time
Percussion – On the pad
Winds and Guard – On the practice field
4:45PM – High School Band on the field
5:00PM – Rehearsal with 8th Grade Bands (On the practice field)
5:30PM – Load Equipment
5:40PM – Change into Uniforms
6:00PM – Meet in Auditorium for Announcements
6:15PM – Line Up for Homecoming Parade
6:30PM – Homecoming Parade
7:10PM – Pre-Game Show
7:30PM – Kick-Off
8:30PM – Halftime Performance with 8th Grade Bands (approximate time)
9:45PM – Game concludes (approximate time)
10:00PM – Load buses and equipment (approximate time)
10:20PM – Band is dismissed once the band room is clean (approximate time)
Checklist for Friday
_____ Black Band Socks
_____ Black Band Shoes
_____ Shorts and Dark Shirt (with sleeves) to wear underneath uniform
_____ Black Gloves
– Instruments need to be cleaned, polished, and sticks taped prior to report time.
– Reminder about itineraries: “To be early is to be on time. To be on time is to be late.”
– We encourage our parents and band supporters to cheer loudly and enjoy the band from the stands. Due to safety, limited space, and athletic department rules, adults in the end zone must have a chaperone or equipment badge.
– IMPORTANT – Please do not park on either side of the fire lane at any time. This is the drive that loops around directly to the band room and to the front of the GAC entrance. Parents are asked to find a designated parking spot to drop off or pick up your son/daughter.
– The annual Sherman-Ewing football game is this Thursday evening. If you are able to come and cheer on our Junior High Bands, the students and directors would greatly appreciate it.
– The Band of Gold will perform at the Fairfield County Fair show on Thursday morning, October 13. We will NOT have rehearsal later that day.
– Next week’s Football Game (Friday, October 14) is home versus Gahanna Lincoln.
– Our next competition will be Saturday, October 22 at Newark. Expect a performance time of approximately 1pm, with an early report time.
– The Band of Gold will perform at OMEA State Finals on Saturday, October 29 at Hilliard Bradley High School. Expect an afternoon or evening performance time, but you will need to reserve the entire day.