Friday, November 11, 2016 – Veterans Day Parade
9:00AM – Report to the Band Room to get on uniforms
9:30AM – Depart LHS
9:45AM – Arrive at Fairgrounds
10:30AM – Parade steps off
11:00AM – Veterans Day ceremony
11:30AM – Load buses for lunch at the mall (bring money OR bring a packed lunch)
1:00PM – Arrive back to LHS, unload
Tuesday, November 15, 2016 – Marching Band Banquet
7:00PM – Banquet begins (HS Cafeteria)
We will be having cake, cookies, and drinks as part of the evening celebration. Please dress professionally and respectfully.
Saturday, November 19, 2016 – Holiday Parade
7:30-8:00AM – Band room is open to pick up equipment
8:30AM – Percussion report to get on uniforms (by Band Booster Fair Booth)
8:45AM – All others report to get on uniforms (by Band Booster Fair Booth)
9:00AM – Percussion warm up
9:15AM – Winds and Guard warm up
10:00AM – Parade steps off
11:00AM – Parade concludes, band is dismissed (approximate time)
Everyone needs to have a ride to pick them up at the fairgrounds immediately after the parade.
Checklist for both Parades
_____ Black Band Socks
_____ Black Band Shoes
_____ Shorts and Dark Shirt (with sleeves) to wear underneath uniform
_____ Black Gloves
Reminders for the Holiday Parade
– Decorating reminder: Do not interfere with the production of sound, and be sure what you put on is easily removable.
– Plan on arriving EARLY. Traffic is challenging on this morning.
– Please park on the north side of Broad Street in order to get back to LHS in a timely manner.
– There are minimal restroom facilities available at the fairgrounds. Please plan accordingly.
– The parade route travels down Columbus Street toward downtown, up Main Street and back on Broad Street.
– Immediately following the parade, ALL School Owned Marching Band instruments must be cleaned and returned. You are responsible for cleaning your instrument BEFORE returning that afternoon.