Marching Band Parents and Students:
The annual Memorial Day parade is coming up very quickly. In order to have a great parade, it is crucial that we have all of the last year’s fall marching band participating, including our graduating seniors.
Please see the schedule and reminders below.
Thank you for working hard to represent Lancaster High School positively throughout our community. We especially want to thank our graduating seniors for finishing strong with one final parade performance with the Band of Gold!
Monday, May 29, 2017 – Memorial Day Parade
9:00am – Percussion Report Time
9:45am – Winds/Guard/Field Commander Report Time
Band members will meet at the corner of Columbus and Mulberry.
10:30am – Parade begins
11:00am – Parade concludes and ceremony begins at cemetery (approximate time) 11:30am – Ceremony concludes. Band is dismissed (approximate time)
12:00pm – Band room opens to return instruments
Announcements and Reminders for the Week
– The band room will not be open on Monday morning.
– It is extremely important that band members eat breakfast before arriving and drink plenty of water.
– All band members need to check and double check their summer uniforms to make sure they fit.
– Jewelry cannot be worn in uniform (and no nail polish). Shirts must be tucked in and a black or brown belt should be worn. White socks must be crew length (not ankle length or no-show).
– Parents should plan on picking up your child near the cemetery or another location within walking distance. Plan ahead!