Friday, August 25, 2017 – Home Football Game vs. Springfield
Be sure to get something to eat after school. Band members will be provided a hot dog and drink during third quarter break, but this should not be considered dinner.
4:15PM Full Band Rehearsal on the Practice Field
5:15PM Load Equipment, Get on Uniforms (as needed)
6:00PM Meet in Auditorium for Announcements
6:10PM Report to Parade Block
6:20PM March to Fulton Field
8:00PM Halftime Performance (approximate time)
9:30PM Game concludes (approximate time)
9:45PM March back to LHS (approximate time)
10:20PM Band is dismissed once the band room is clean (approximate time)
Checklist for Friday
_____ White Band Socks
_____ White Tennis Shoes
_____ Band Shorts
_____ Black or Brown belt
_____ Band Polo Shirt (tucked in)
_____ Instrument and Accessories
– Make sure you have clean white tennis shoes and white band socks (Must be correct length). No jewelry or nail polish is to be worn with any uniform, including earrings and other piercings. Long hair should be put up in a bun.
– Instruments need to be cleaned, polished, and sticks taped prior to report time.
– Reminder about itineraries: “To be early is to be on time. To be on time is to be late.”
– We encourage our parents and band supporters to cheer loudly and enjoy the band from the stands. Due to safety, limited space, and athletic department rules, adults in the end zone must have a chaperone or equipment badge.
– IMPORTANT – Please do not park on either side of the fire lane at any time. This is the drive that loops around directly to the band room and to the front of the GAC entrance. Parents are asked to find a designated parking spot to drop off or pick up your son/daughter.
– Next week’s Football Game is away versus Columbus St. Francis de Sales.
– Each year, the band does an open rehearsal and performance at Fulton Field prior to our first contest. This year, it will be held on Thursday, September 7. This will replace the typical 3-5pm rehearsal that day. Parents and community members will be invited to watch the rehearsal. The band will perform their competition show at the end of rehearsal, at approximately 8:15pm.
– On Friday, September 8, the Band of Gold will be joined by the Lancaster High School Alumni Band for a joint halftime performance. The bands will play Stand Up and Cheer, Long Train, and Alma Mater.
– Our first competition is scheduled for Saturday, September 9 at Licking Heights High School. We expect to perform sometime between 6:45pm and 7:45pm. Report time will be early afternoon. Stay tuned for details.
– The Band of Gold Invitational will be held on Saturday, September 16. Please reserve ALL DAY. More information will be announced soon.