Away Football Game vs. Columbus St. Francis de Sales
Friday, September 1, 2017
Band members will be wearing full uniforms tonight.
Be sure to bring something to eat after school, or have something brought to you at 2:45pm or at 4:15pm.
3:30PM – Warm Up
3:45PM – Full Band Rehearsal (On the practice field)
4:15PM – Load Equipment
4:30PM – Change into Uniforms
Do not leave the school during this time!
4:50PM – Meet in Auditorium for Announcements
5:00PM – Load Buses
5:15PM – Depart LHS for St. Francis de Sales
6:15PM – Arrive at St. Francis de Sales, Unload
7:00PM – Kick-Off
8:00PM – Halftime Performance (approximate time)
9:15PM – Game concludes (approximate time)
9:45PM – Depart St. Francis de Sales (approximate time)
10:45PM – Arrive at LHS, Unload equipment (approximate time)
11:00PM – Band is dismissed once the band room is clean (approximate time)
Checklist for Friday
_____ Black Band Socks
_____ Black Band Shoes
_____ Shorts and Dark Shirt (with sleeves) to wear underneath uniform
_____ Black Gloves
– No jewelry or nail polish is to be worn with any uniform, including earrings and other piercings. Long hair should be put up in a bun. Hair should be a natural color.
– Instruments need to be cleaned, polished, and sticks taped prior to report time.
– Reminder about itineraries: “To be early is to be on time. To be on time is to be late.”
– We encourage our parents and band supporters to cheer loudly and enjoy the band from the stands. Due to safety, limited space, and athletic department rules, adults in the end zone must have a chaperone or equipment badge.
– IMPORTANT – Please do not park on either side of the fire lane at any time. This is the drive that loops around directly to the band room and to the front of the GAC entrance. Parents are asked to find a designated parking spot to drop off or pick up your son/daughter.
– Each year, the band does an open rehearsal and performance at Fulton Field prior to our first contest. This year, it will be held on Thursday, September 7. This will replace the typical 3-5pm rehearsal that day. Parents and community members will be invited to watch the rehearsal. The band will perform their competition show at the end of rehearsal, at approximately 8:15pm.
– Next week’s Football Game is home versus Cathedral High School from Hamilton, Ontario. The Band of Gold will be joined this game by the Lancaster High School Alumni Band for a joint halftime performance. The bands will play Stand Up and Cheer, Alma Mater, and Long Train.
– Our first competition is scheduled for Saturday, September 9 at Licking Heights High School. We expect to perform sometime between 6:45pm and 7:45pm. Report time will be early afternoon. Stay tuned for details.
– The Band of Gold Invitational will be held on Saturday, September 16. Please reserve ALL DAY. More information will be announced soon.