Be sure to eat after school. Bring something or have food dropped off. Band members won’t have time after rehearsal today.
3:45pm – HS Band Warm-Up/Rehearsal at Practice Field
4:45-5:30 – Rehearsal with HS Band and Alumni Band
5:30pm – Load Equipment and Change into Uniforms
6:05pm – Meet in Auditorium for Announcements
6:10pm – Report to Parade Block
6:15pm – March to Fulton Field
6:45pm – Pre-Game
7:00pm – Kick-Off
8:00pm – Half-Time with Alumni Band (approximate time)
9:30pm – Game concludes (approximate time)
9:40pm – Post-Game Show – Entire Contest Show (approximate time)
10:15pm – March back to LHS (approximate time)
10:45pm – Band is dismissed once the band room is clean (approximate time)
Checklist for Friday
_____ Black Band Socks
_____ Black Band Shoes
_____ Shorts and Dark Shirt (with sleeves) to wear underneath uniform
_____ Black Gloves
– No jewelry or nail polish is to be worn with any uniform, including earrings and other piercings. Long hair should be put up in a bun. Hair should be a natural color.
– Instruments need to be cleaned, polished, and sticks taped prior to report time.
– Reminder about itineraries: “To be early is to be on time. To be on time is to be late.”
– We encourage our parents and band supporters to cheer loudly and enjoy the band from the stands. Due to safety, limited space, and athletic department rules, adults in the end zone must have a chaperone or equipment badge.
– IMPORTANT – Please do not park on either side of the fire lane at any time. This is the drive that loops around directly to the band room and to the front of the GAC entrance. Parents are asked to find a designated parking spot to drop off or pick up your son/daughter.
– Next week’s football game is away at Newark.
– The Band of Gold Invitational will be held on Saturday, September 16. Please reserve ALL DAY. More information will be announced soon.