37th Annual Band of Gold Invitational
Saturday, September 16, 2017
8:30AM – Band Room Opens
9:00AM – Warm Up and Full Band Rehearsal (on the practice field)
12:00PM – Move Equipment from the field
Lunch on your own. Band Room will be locked until 2:15PM.
2:30PM – Percussion Rehearsal
4:00PM – Those playing Star-Spangled Banner get on Uniforms (at Ewing gym)
4:20PM – Those playing Star-Spangled Banner meet by Maintenance Building
4:30PM – Percussion Rehearsal concludes. Load equipment on trailer.
4:50PM – Star-Spangled Banner (select members)
5:00PM – Contest begins. Band room is locked. All instruments must be out.
If you are not working or rehearsing, you are expected to be watching bands in the stands. Section shirts or summer uniform shirts must be worn. Between 4:00-4:45PM, all band members may visit the concession stand to receive a complimentary sandwich and drink.
5:15PM – Band members meet in Ewing gym to get on uniforms
5:45PM – Meet in front of Ewing for Warm Up
6:00PM – Front Ensemble report to Fulton Field to unload equipment
6:00PM – Warm Up begins
7:00PM – BAND OF GOLD PERFORMANCE!!!
7:30PM – Awards Ceremony (seniors report to track)
7:50PM – Change Out of Uniforms (Ewing gym)
8:05PM – Load Equipment
8:30PM – Help clean up at Fulton Field or help unload at the band room.
Band room will be open until 9:30PM if you need to bring back instruments.
Checklist for Saturday
_____ Summer Uniform Shirt or Section Shirt (to wear while helping)
_____ Black Band Socks
_____ Black Band Shoes
_____ Shorts and Dark Shirt (with sleeves) to wear underneath uniform
_____ Black Gloves
– We need as many volunteers as possible for the Band of Gold Invitational. Please contact Lori Peters at firstname.lastname@example.org if you can help in any way.
– We encourage our parents and band supporters to cheer loudly and enjoy the band from the stands. Due to safety, limited space, and athletic department rules, adults in the end zone must have a chaperone or equipment badge.
– IMPORTANT – Please do not park on either side of the fire lane at any time. This is the drive that loops around directly to the band room and to the front of the GAC entrance. Parents are asked to find a designated parking spot to drop off or pick up your son/daughter.
– Next week’s Football Game (Friday, September 22) is home versus Hilliard Davidson. It is 8th Grade Band Night. We will be performing “The Hey Song” with both 8th Grade Bands at Pre-Game.
– We do not have competitions on September 23 or September 30. Enjoy your free weekends!
– We will be competing at two competitions on Saturday, October 7. We will perform in the middle of the day at Lexington and in the evening at Maysville (near Zanesville). We will be having a picnic lunch in the afternoon. More information TBA.