OMEA Marching Band Adjudicated Event at Newark
Saturday, October 21, 2017
7:45AM – Report Time (for Percussion)
8:15AM – Report Time (for all other band members)
8:45AM – Full Band (on the field)
10:00AM – Rehearsal concludes. Load Equipment.
10:20AM – Get on uniforms and eat sack lunch
Be sure to have a sack lunch or have something brought to you at this time.
11:00AM – Meet in Auditorium for Announcements
11:10AM – Load Buses
11:20AM – Depart LHS
12:15PM – Arrive at White Field, Newark
1:00PM – Warm Up
2:00PM – BAND OF GOLD PERFORMANCE!
3:00PM – Eat at concessions
4:00PM – Awards
4:30PM – Load Buses
4:45PM – Depart Newark White Field
5:35PM – Arrive at Lancaster HS, unload
5:50PM – Band is dismissed once the band room is clean
Checklist for Saturday
_____ Black Band Socks
_____ Black Band Shoes
_____ Shorts and Dark Shirt (with sleeves) to wear underneath uniform
_____ Black Gloves
– White Field is NOT at Newark High School. The address is 70 N. 11th St, Newark, Ohio.
– General spectator parking is located at the YMCA on Church Street. There is no spectator parking at the stadium other than handicap parking. Do not park at the Circle-K or your car will be towed. Ticket prices are: $7.00 for adults, $5.00 for students and seniors, children 3 and under are free.
– Next week’s Football Game (Friday, October 27) is an away game versus Reynoldsburg.
– The Band of Gold will perform at OMEA State Finals on Saturday, October 28 at Hilliard Darby High School. Expect a morning report time. We will be performing at approximately 6:15pm.
– The Band of Gold’s annual Marching Band Concert will be held on Thursday, November 2 in the High School Auditorium.