38th Annual Band of Gold Invitational
Saturday, September 15, 2018
8:30AM – Band Room Opens
9:00AM – Warm Up and Full Band Rehearsal (on the band practice field)
11:30AM – Move Equipment from the field
Lunch on your own. Band Room will be locked until 2:45PM.
If you are not working or rehearsing, you are expected to be watching bands in the stands and be “on call” if a director or adult volunteer needs your help. Section shirts or summer uniform shirts must be worn. Between 3:00-3:45PM, all band members may visit the concession stand to receive a complimentary sandwich and drink. Percussion and saxophones may stop in concessions later to eat, since they won’t be available at that time.
3:00PM – Saxes (playing Star-Spangled Banner) get on Uniforms (at Ewing gym)
3:20PM – Saxes warm up in Ewing gym
3:30PM – Percussion Rehearsal begins at LHS Band Room
3:50PM – Star-Spangled Banner (Saxophone section)
4:00PM – Contest begins. Band room is now locked. All instruments must be out.
5:30PM – Percussion Rehearsal concludes. Load equipment on trailer.
6:30PM – Front Ensemble report to Fulton Field to unload equipment
8:15PM – Band members meet in Ewing gym to get on uniforms
8:45PM – Meet in front of Ewing for Warm Up
9:00PM – Warm Up begins
10:00PM – BAND OF GOLD PERFORMANCE!!!
10:15PM – Awards Ceremony (seniors report to track)
10:50PM – Change Out of Uniforms (Ewing gym)
11:05PM – Load Equipment
11:30PM – Help clean up at Fulton Field or help unload at the band room.
Band room will be open until 12 midnight if you need to bring back instruments.
Checklist for Saturday
_____ Summer Uniform Shirt or Section Shirt (to wear while helping)
_____ Black Band Socks
_____ Black Band Shoes
_____ Shorts and Dark Shirt (with sleeves) to wear underneath uniform
_____ Black Gloves
– We need as many volunteers as possible for the Band of Gold Invitational. Please contact Lori Peters at email@example.com if you can help in any way.
– We encourage our parents and band supporters to cheer loudly and enjoy the band from the stands. Due to safety, limited space, and athletic department rules, adults in the end zone must have a chaperone or equipment badge.
– IMPORTANT – Please do not park on either side of the fire lane at any time. This is the drive that loops around directly to the band room and to the front of the GAC entrance. Parents are asked to find a designated parking spot to drop off or pick up your son/daughter.
– Next week’s football game (September 21) is away versus Upper Arlington.
– We do not have a competition scheduled for September 22. Enjoy your free Saturday!