Friday, October 5, 2018
4:15PM – Report Time / Warm Up
5:00PM – Rehearsal with 8th Grade Bands (On the practice field)
5:25PM – Load Equipment
5:30PM – Change into Uniforms
5:50PM – Report to Parade Block
6:00PM – Homecoming Parade begins
6:40PM – Pre-Game Show and “Hey Song” with 8th Grade Bands
7:00PM – Kick-Off
8:00PM – Halftime Performance (approximate time)
9:20PM – Game concludes (approximate time)
9:35PM – March back to LHS (approximate time)
10:15PM – Band is dismissed once the band room is clean (approximate time)
Checklist for Friday
_____ Black Band Socks
_____ Black Band Shoes
_____ Shorts and Dark Shirt (with sleeves) to wear underneath uniform
_____ Black Gloves
– There is NO contest this week or next. Enjoy your time off!
– Next Thursday, October 11 is the Fair Show at the County Fair. The Band of Gold will perform at 11:10am. We will be meeting at Mt. Pleasant Elementary to get on uniforms. There will not be rehearsal later that day.
– Next week’s game is home versus Gahanna Lincoln.
– Our next competition will be Saturday, October 20. It will be an afternoon performance at Newark. Expect an early morning report time.
– The Band of Gold will most likely perform at OMEA State Finals on Saturday, October 27 at Hilliard Darby High School. Expect an evening performance time, but you will need to reserve the entire day.