Saturday, November 17, 2018 – Holiday Parade
7:30-8:00AM – Band room is open to pick up equipment
8:30AM – Percussion report to get on uniforms (by Band Booster Fair Booth)
8:45AM – All others report to get on uniforms (by Band Booster Fair Booth)
9:00AM – Percussion warm up
9:15AM – Winds and Guard warm up
10:00AM – Parade steps off
11:00AM – Parade concludes, band is dismissed (approximate time)
Everyone needs to have a ride to pick them up at the fairgrounds immediately after the parade.
Checklist for Parade
_____ Black Band Socks
_____ Black Band Shoes
_____ Shorts and Dark Shirt (with sleeves) to wear underneath uniform
_____ Black Gloves
Reminders for the Holiday Parade
– Decorating reminder: Do not interfere with the production of sound, and be sure what you put on is easily removable.
– Plan on arriving EARLY. Traffic is challenging on this morning.
– Please park on the north side of Broad Street in order to get back to LHS in a timely manner.
– There are minimal restroom facilities available at the fairgrounds. Please plan accordingly.
– The parade route travels down Columbus Street toward downtown, up Main Street and back on Broad Street.
– Immediately following the parade, ALL School Owned Marching Band instruments must be cleaned and returned. You are responsible for cleaning your instrument BEFORE returning that afternoon.
Percussion freshmen,they may not have told you but, this means you should bring your cleaning supplies to the band room when you pick up your drums, cymbals or bell kits for when you come back after the parade.