39th Annual Band of Gold Invitational
Saturday, October 5, 2019
8:00AM – Band Room Opens. Color Guard report time.
9:00AM – Warm Up and Full Band Rehearsal (on the band practice field)
11:30AM – Move Equipment from the field
Lunch on your own. Band Room will be locked until 2:45PM.
If you are not working or rehearsing, you should be “on call” if a director or adult volunteer needs your help. Section shirts or summer uniform shirts must be worn. Between 4:00-5:00PM, all band members may visit the concession stand to receive a complimentary sandwich and drink. Percussion may stop in concessions later to eat, since they won’t be available at that time.
3:00PM – Guard meet at Ewing gym to do hair/makeup
3:20PM – Senior Clarinets warm up in Ewing gym
3:30PM – Percussion Rehearsal begins at LHS Band Room
3:50PM – Star-Spangled Banner (Senior Clarinets)
4:00PM – Contest begins. Band room is now locked. All instruments must be out.
5:15PM – Half of the Seniors report to Ewing Gym to get on uniforms (to present trophies). The other half will present A/AA awards after we perform.
5:30PM – Percussion Rehearsal concludes. Load equipment on trailer.
5:30PM – Half of the Seniors report to track to present trophies
6:30PM – Front Ensemble report to Fulton Field to unload equipment
7:15PM – Band members meet in Ewing gym to get on uniforms
7:45PM – Meet in front of Ewing for Warm Up
8:00PM – Warm Up begins
9:15PM – BAND OF GOLD PERFORMANCE!!!
9:30PM – Awards Ceremony (other half of seniors report to track)
10:00PM – Change Out of Uniforms (Ewing gym)
10:15PM – Load Equipment
10:30PM – Help clean up at Fulton Field or help unload at the band room.
Band room will be open until 11:30pm if you need to bring back instruments.
Checklist for Saturday
_____ Summer Uniform Shirt or Section Shirt (to wear while helping)
_____ Black Band Socks
_____ Black Band Shoes
_____ Shorts and Dark Shirt (with sleeves) to wear underneath uniform
_____ Black Gloves
– We need as many volunteers as possible for the Band of Gold Invitational. Please contact Lori Peters at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions.
– IMPORTANT – Please do not park on either side of the fire lane at any time. This is the drive that loops around directly to the band room and to the front of the GAC entrance. Parents are asked to find a designated parking spot to drop off or pick up your son/daughter.
– Next week is the Fairfield County Fair. The Band of Gold will perform at the Fair on Thursday morning at 10:15am. Band members will meet at Mt. Pleasant Elementary in the morning to get on uniforms. Stay tuned for more details.
– Next week’s football game (October 11) is away versus Pickerington Central.
– We do not have a competition scheduled for October 12. Enjoy your free Saturday!