Saturday, November 23, 2019 – Holiday Parade
8:30AM – Percussion report to get on uniforms (by Band Booster Fair Booth)
8:45AM – All others report to get on uniforms (by Band Booster Fair Booth)
9:00AM – Percussion warm up
9:15AM – Winds and Guard warm up
10:00AM – Parade steps off
11:00AM – Parade concludes, band is dismissed (approximate time)
Everyone needs to have a ride to pick them up at the fairgrounds immediately after the parade.
Checklist for Parade
_____ Black Band Socks
_____ Black Band Shoes
_____ Shorts and Dark Shirt (with sleeves) to wear underneath uniform
_____ Black Gloves
_____ Instrument (take everything home on Friday)
Additional Uniform Reminders
– Hair must be up and off the collar. Either braid it and pull it up or put it in a bun.
– Jewelry cannot be worn in uniform (and no nail polish). Shirts must be tucked in and a black belt should be worn. Black socks must be ankle length.
Reminders for the Holiday Parade
– Decorating reminder: Do not interfere with the production of sound, and be sure what you put on is easily removable.
– Plan on arriving EARLY. Traffic is challenging on this morning.
– Please park on the north side of Broad Street in order to get back to LHS in a timely manner.
– There are minimal restroom facilities available at the fairgrounds. Please plan accordingly.
– The parade route travels down Columbus Street toward downtown, up Main Street and back on Broad Street.
– Immediately following the parade, ALL School Owned Marching Band instruments must be cleaned and returned. You are responsible for cleaning your instrument BEFORE returning that afternoon.