Band of Gold families,
As of Tuesday afternoon, the governor has given the green light for games to move forward. As a result, we are excited to be performing at Friday’s soccer preview at Fulton Field!
The governor’s orders were just posted this evening, so schools are still finalizing details about spectators. I’ll send out information as soon as I find out.
Here is the itinerary for Friday:
Friday, August 21, 2020
5:30PM – Report Time at LHS
5:40PM – Warm Up, Load Equipment
6:05PM – Report to Parade Block
6:10PM – March to Fulton Field
6:50PM – Band of Gold Performance (New World Symphony & Hey Song)
7:05PM – Pre-Game (Fight Song, Star Spangled Banner, Alma Mater)
7:15PM – Game begins
8:45PM – March back to LHS (approximate time)
9:00PM – Band is dismissed (approximate time)
Uniform Checklist (Winds and Percussion)
_____ Black Band Socks (ankle length)
_____ Black Band Shoes (Dinkles)
_____ Black Dress Pants
_____ Black belt
_____ Gold Band Polo Shirt (tucked in)
_____ Instrument and Accessories
– Make sure you have correct shoes and band socks (Must be correct length). No jewelry or nail polish is to be worn with any uniform, including earrings and other piercings. Long hair should be off the shoulders.
– Instruments need to be cleaned, polished, and sticks taped prior to report time.
– Reminder about itineraries: “To be early is to be on time. To be on time is to be late.”
– Thursday’s rehearsal will be at Fulton Field from 6:00-8:00pm.
– Due to safety, limited space, and athletic department rules, adults with the band must have a chaperone or equipment badge. We will be unable to have as many volunteers as usual.
– IMPORTANT – Please do not park on either side of the fire lane at any time. This is the drive that loops around directly to the band room and to the front of the GAC entrance. Parents are asked to find a designated parking spot to drop off or pick up your son/daughter.