Away Football Game vs. Marysville
Friday, August 27, 2021
– Band members will be wearing summer uniforms.
– Be sure to eat before report time. You may bring money for food at third quarter break also if you would like.
– Bring water.
3:45PM – Report Time
3:50PM – Practice Stand Tunes (Auditorium or Outside)
4:15PM – Load Equipment
This is our first away trip since 2019, so please help each other so nothing is left behind.
4:30PM – Meet in Auditorium for Announcements
4:45PM – Load Buses (masks required)
5:00PM – Depart LHS for Marysville
6:15PM – Arrive at Marysville, Unload
7:00PM – Kick-Off
8:00PM – Halftime Performance (approximate time)
9:15PM – Game concludes (approximate time)
9:45PM – Depart Marysville (approximate time)
Band members are instructed to contact their parents when we are 20-30 minutes away. If there are ever significant changes to the itinerary, we will also post updates on social media.
11:00PM – Arrive at LHS, Unload equipment as needed (approximate time)
11:15PM – Band is dismissed once the band room is clean (approximate time)
Checklist for Friday (Summer Uniform)
_____ Black Band Socks (ankle length)
_____ Black Band Shoes (Dinkles)
_____ Black Band Shorts
_____ Gold Band Polo Shirt (tucked in)
_____ Instrument and Accessories
_____ Music Binder
_____ Mask (for the bus ride)
– If you missed any rehearsals throughout the week, you must speak with a director to see if you will be prepared enough to perform. This will be done on a case-by-case basis.
– No jewelry or nail polish is to be worn with any uniform, including earrings and other piercings. Long hair should be put up in a bun. Nothing can be a distraction. If you have questions or problems with this, talk to a director before Friday.
– Reminder about itineraries: “To be early is to be on time. To be on time is to be late.”
– We encourage our parents and band supporters to cheer loudly and enjoy the band from the stands. Due to safety, limited space, and athletic department rules, adults in the end zone must have a chaperone or equipment badge.
– IMPORTANT – Please do not park on either side of the fire lane at any time. This is the drive that loops around directly to the band room and to the front of the GAC entrance. Parents are asked to find a designated parking spot to drop off or pick up your son/daughter.
– Next Friday we have a home game.