Friday, October 15, 2021 – Senior Night
Band members should plan on eating before report time. Hot dogs and water are provided by the Band Boosters during third quarter, but this should not be considered dinner.
“To be early is to be on time. To be on time is to be late.”
2:00-4:15 PM – Full Band Rehearsal on Practice Field
This is instead of our typical Thursday evening rehearsal. Band members should bring food or have something brought to them during this break.
4:15 PM – Load Equipment, Eat
5:15 PM – Change into Uniforms
5:45 PM – Report to Parade Block
6:00 PM – March to Fulton Field
6:50 PM – Pre-Game Show
7:00 PM – Kick-Off
8:00 PM – Halftime Performance (approximate time)
Halftime will include Senior Band Recognition, Senior Song, and Long Train Runnin‘
9:20 PM – Game concludes (approximate time)
9:35 PM – Perform Contest Show for Post-Game (approximate time)
9:50 PM – Load Equipment (approximate time)
10:05 PM – March back to LHS (approximate time)
10:30 PM – Band is dismissed once the band room is clean (approximate time)
Checklist for Friday (Full Uniform)
_____ Black Band Socks
_____ Black Band Shoes
_____ Shorts and Dark Shirt (with sleeves) to wear underneath uniform
_____ Black Gloves
_____ Instrument and Accessories
Senior Parent Information
– Please meet near the band bleachers at the beginning of second quarter. Recognition of seniors will be at the beginning of halftime.
– Make sure you have correct shoes and band socks (Must be correct length).
– No jewelry or nail polish is to be worn with any uniform, including earrings and other piercings.
– Long hair should be put up in a bun or a ponytail. Hair must be neat and off the collar.
– Instruments need to be cleaned, polished, and sticks taped prior to report time.
– In addition to performing pre-game and halftime, we are planning to perform our contest show after the game (post-game). Please plan on staying after the game to watch. This allows our volunteers to watch the show that they might have missed at halftime, and allows our band to practice performing with an attentive audience.
– We encourage our parents and band supporters to cheer loudly and enjoy the band from the stands. Due to safety, limited space, and athletic department rules, adults with the band must have a chaperone or equipment badge.
– IMPORTANT – Please do not park on either side of the fire lane at any time. This is the drive that loops around directly to the band room and to the front of the GAC entrance. Parents are asked to find a designated parking spot to drop off or pick up your son/daughter.
– Be sure you have read the blog post about our upcoming performances. State Finals will be on Saturday, October 30 at Hilliard Bradley High School. Tentative performance time is 12:45 PM (subject to change).