Marching Band Parents and Students:
The Memorial Day Parade will be held on Monday, May 30. We will rehearse one day only, on Tuesday, May 24 from 3-4:30 PM.
Thank you for working hard to represent Lancaster High School positively throughout our community. Attendance at the parade and the rehearsal are very important in order to have a quality performance.
Monday, May 30, 2022 – Memorial Day Parade
9:00am – Percussion Report Time
9:15am – Guard Report Time
9:30am – Brass/Woodwind Report Time
Band members will meet at the corner of Columbus and Mulberry.
10:30am – Parade begins
11:00am – Parade concludes and ceremony begins at Forest Rose cemetery (approximate time)
11:30am – Ceremony concludes. Band is dismissed (approximate time)
12:00pm – Band room opens to return instruments
Announcements and Reminders for the Week
– New/replacement summer uniform items will be available immediately before Tuesday’s rehearsal only.
– The band room will not be open on Monday morning.
– It is extremely important that band members eat breakfast before arriving and drink plenty of water.
– All band members need to check and double check their summer uniform to make sure it fits. Also, make sure to locate and wear your black crew socks and Dinkles.
– Jewelry cannot be worn in uniform (and no nail polish).
– Parents should plan on picking up your child near the cemetery or another location within walking distance. Plan ahead!