Home Football Game vs. Newark
Friday, September 16, 2016
Band members will be wearing full uniforms tonight.
Be sure to get something to eat after school. Band members will be provided a complimentary hot dog and drink during third quarter break, but this should not be considered dinner.
4:15PM Report Time
Percussion – On the pad
Winds and Guard – On the practice field
5:00PM Full Band Rehearsal (On the practice field)
5:30PM Load Equipment
5:45PM Change into Uniforms
Do not leave the school during this time!
6:15PM Meet in Auditorium for Announcements
6:25PM Report to Parade Block for Uniform Inspections
6:40PM March to Fulton Field
7:15PM Pre-Game Show
8:30PM Halftime Performance (approximate time)
9:45PM Game concludes (approximate time)
10:00PM March back to Band Room (approximate time)
10:20PM Unload equipment (approximate time)
10:35PM Band is dismissed once the band room is clean (approximate time)
36th Annual Band of Gold Invitational
Saturday, September 17, 2016
8:00AM Band Room Opens
8:30AM Warm Up and Full Band Rehearsal (on the practice field)
12:00PM Move Equipment from the Field
Lunch on your own.
Band Room will be locked until 2:30pm.
2:45PM Band Guides Meet in Front of Ewing for Meeting
3:00PM Percussion Rehearsal
4:00PM Those playing Star-Spangled Banner get on Uniforms (at Ewing gym)
4:20PM Those playing Star-Spangled Banner meet by Maintenance Building
4:50PM Star-Spangled Banner (select members)
5:00PM Contest begins
5:30PM Percussion Rehearsal concludes. Load equipment.
If you are not working or rehearsing, you are expected to be watching bands in the stands. Summer uniform shirts must be worn. Between 5:45-6:45pm, all band members may visit the concession stand to receive a complimentary sandwich and drink.
6:00PM BAND ROOM CLOSED. ALL INSTRUMENTS MUST BE OUT.
6:30PM Seniors meet in Ewing gym to get on uniforms
6:30PM Front Ensemble report to Fulton Field to unload equipment
6:45PM Seniors meet on track for B/C Awards ceremony
7:00PM B/C Awards
7:15PM Rest of the band meets in Ewing gym to get on Uniforms
8:15PM Meet in front of Ewing for Warm Up
8:30PM Warm Up begins
9:30PM BAND OF GOLD PERFORMANCE!!!
9:45PM Awards Ceremony (seniors report to track)
10:15PM Load Equipment
10:25PM Change Out of Uniforms (Ewing gym)
10:45PM Help clean up at Fulton Field or help unload at the band room.
11:10PM Band is dismissed once the band room is cleaned (approximate time)
Checklist for Friday and Saturday
_____ Black Band Socks
_____ Black Band Shoes
_____ Shorts and Dark Shirt (with sleeves) to wear underneath uniform
_____ Black Gloves
– Instruments need to be cleaned, polished, and sticks taped prior to report time.
– Reminder about itineraries: “To be early is to be on time. To be on time is to be late.”
– We need as many volunteers as possible for the Band of Gold Invitational. Please contact Lori Peters at email@example.com if you can help in any way.
– We encourage our parents and band supporters to cheer loudly and enjoy the band from the stands. Due to safety, limited space, and athletic department rules, adults in the end zone must have a chaperone or equipment badge.
– IMPORTANT – Please do not park on either side of the fire lane at any time. This is the drive that loops around directly to the band room and to the front of the GAC entrance. Parents are asked to find a designated parking spot to drop off or pick up your son/daughter.
– Next week’s Football Game (Friday, September 23) is away at Hilliard Davidson.
– We have no competition on September 24. Enjoy your free weekend!
– We will be competing at two competitions on Saturday, October 1. We will perform in the middle of the day at Athens and in the evening at Pickerington North. We will stop back to Lancaster High School in the afternoon where a meal will be provided.