Away Football Game vs. Grove City
Friday, September 30, 2016
Band members will be wearing full uniforms tonight.
Be sure to get something to eat after school.
3:45PM – Report Time
Percussion – On the pad
Winds and Guard – On the practice field
4:15PM – Full Band Rehearsal (On the practice field)
4:45PM – Load Equipment
5:00PM – Change into Uniforms
Do not leave the school during this time!
5:25PM – Meet in Auditorium for Announcements
5:30PM – Load Buses
5:35PM – Depart LHS for Grove City
6:45PM – Arrive at Grove City, Unload
7:30PM – Kick-Off
8:30PM – Halftime Performance (approximate time)
9:45PM – Game concludes (approximate time)
10:00PM – Depart Grove City (approximate time)
10:45PM – Arrive at LHS, Unload equipment (approximate time)
11:00PM – Band is dismissed once the band room is clean (approximate time)
Marching Band Adjudicated Event at Athens and Pickerington North
Saturday, October 1, 2016
8:00AM – Report Time for all band members. Warm up and short rehearsal.
9:15AM – Load equipment. Get on uniforms.
9:45AM – Load buses.
10:00AM – Depart LHS
11:15AM – Arrive at Athens. Eat packed lunch (NOT provided!)
12:00PM – Warm Up
1:00PM – BAND OF GOLD PERFORMANCE!!!
1:45PM – Awards
2:15PM – Depart Athens HS
3:15PM – Arrive at LHS. Meal with be provided by Band Boosters.
5:15PM – Depart LHS for Pickerington
6:00PM – Arrive at Pickerington North
6:45PM – Warm Up
7:45PM – BAND OF GOLD PERFORMANCE!!!
8:30PM – Awards
9:00PM – Depart Pickerington
10:00PM – Arrive back to LHS. Unload.
10:15PM – Band is dismissed once band room is cleaned (approximate time)
Checklist for Friday and Saturday
_____ Black Band Socks
_____ Black Band Shoes
_____ Shorts and Dark Shirt (with sleeves) to wear underneath uniform
_____ Black Gloves
_____ Packed Lunch for Saturday
– Instruments need to be cleaned, polished, and sticks taped prior to report time.
– Reminder about itineraries: “To be early is to be on time. To be on time is to be late.”
– We encourage our parents and band supporters to cheer loudly and enjoy the band from the stands. Due to safety, limited space, and athletic department rules, adults in the end zone must have a chaperone or equipment badge.
– IMPORTANT – Please do not park on either side of the fire lane at any time. This is the drive that loops around directly to the band room and to the front of the GAC entrance. Parents are asked to find a designated parking spot to drop off or pick up your son/daughter.
– The Sherman-Ewing football game is schedule for Thursday, October 6. High school band members are encouraged to show their support for the Junior High Bands by cheering them on during halftime performances.
– Next week’s Football Game (Friday, October 7) is our homecoming football game and is also 8th grade night. This is our 8th grade band members’ first experience with marching band. Be sure to make it a positive and meaningful experience for our future Band of Gold members!
– We do not compete again until Saturday, October 22 at Newark. This is an early performance time. Please note, like previously announced, band members will not be able to take the ACT on this date.