Away Football Game at Pickerington North
Friday, October 21, 2016
Please note that there is no school today.
2:15PM – Report Time (Percussion)
2:30PM – Report Time (Guard)
2:45PM – Report Time (Winds)
3:45PM – Full Band Rehearsal (On the practice field)
4:45PM – Load Equipment
5:00PM – Change into Uniforms
Please be sure to get something to eat during this time.
5:45PM – Meet in Auditorium for Announcements
5:50PM – Load Buses
6:00PM – Depart LHS for Pickerington North
6:45PM – Arrive at Pickerington North, Unload
7:30PM – Kick-Off
8:30PM – Halftime Performance (approximate time)
9:45PM – Game concludes (approximate time)
10:00PM – Depart Pickerington (approximate time)
10:40PM – Arrive at LHS, Unload equipment (approximate time)
11:00PM – Band is dismissed once the band room is clean (approximate time)
OMEA Marching Band Adjudicated Event at Newark
Saturday, October 22, 2016
7:30AM – Band Room opens
7:45AM – Report Time (for Percussion)
8:15AM – Report Time (for all other band members)
8:45AM – Full Band (on the field)
10:00AM – Rehearsal concludes. Load Equipment.
10:20AM – Get on uniforms
10:50AM – Meet in Auditorium for Announcements
11:00AM – Load Buses
11:10AM – Depart LHS
12:00PM – Arrive at White Field, Newark
12:15PM – Eat packed lunch (Bring your own)
1:00PM – Warm Up
2:00PM – BAND OF GOLD PERFORMANCE!
2:45PM – Awards
3:15PM – Load Buses
3:30PM – Depart Newark White Field
4:30PM – Arrive at Lancaster HS, unload
5:00PM – Band is dismissed once the band room is clean
Checklist for Friday and Saturday
_____ Black Band Socks
_____ Black Band Shoes
_____ Shorts and Dark Shirt (with sleeves) to wear underneath uniform
_____ Black Gloves
– White Field is NOT at Newark High School. The address is 70 N. 11th St, Newark, Ohio.
– General spectator parking is located at the YMCA on Church Street. There is no spectator parking at the stadium other than handicap parking. Ticket prices are: $7.00 for adults, $5.00 for students and seniors, children 5 and under are free.
– Please do not park on either side of the fire lane at any time. This is the drive that loops around directly to the band room and to the front of the GAC entrance. Parents are asked to find a designated parking spot to drop off or pick up your son/daughter.
– We encourage our parents and band supporters to cheer loudly and enjoy the band from the stands. Due to safety, limited space, and athletic department rules, adults in the end zone must have a chaperone or equipment badge.
– Next week’s Football Game (Friday, October 28) is a home game versus Reynoldsburg. There will be a special show at halftime for Senior Night. Our competition show in its entirety will be performed immediately after the game in preparation for State Finals.
– The Band of Gold will perform at OMEA State Finals on Saturday, October 29 at Hilliard Bradley High School. Expect a morning report time. We will be performing at approximately 6:00pm.
– The Band of Gold’s annual Marching Band Concert will be held on Thursday, November 3 in the High School Auditorium.