Friday, September 22, 2017
4:15PM – Report Time / Warm Up
5:00PM – Rehearsal with 8th Grade Bands (On the practice field)
5:30PM – Load Equipment
5:30PM – Change into Uniforms
6:00PM – Report to Parade Block
6:15PM – March to Fulton Field
6:40PM – Pre-Game Show and “Hey Song” with 8th Grade Bands
7:00PM – Kick-Off
8:00PM – Halftime Performance (approximate time)
9:20PM – Game concludes (approximate time)
9:35PM – March back to LHS (approximate time)
10:15PM – Band is dismissed once the band room is clean (approximate time)
Checklist for Friday
_____ Black Band Socks
_____ Black Band Shoes
_____ Shorts and Dark Shirt (with sleeves) to wear underneath uniform
_____ Black Gloves
– There is NO contest this week or next. Enjoy your time off!
– Next Thursday, September 28, band members are invited to help decorate the band booster fair booth from 5:30-7:00pm. Pizza will be provided. Sign up by the music office door.
– Next week’s game is home versus Grove City. There will be a pep rally on Friday morning for homecoming.
– The annual Sherman-Ewing football game is Wednesday, October 4. If you are able to come and cheer on our Junior High Bands, the students and directors would greatly appreciate it.
– Our next competition will be Saturday, October 7. Expect an early report time (8am or earlier). We perform at Lexington early afternoon and Maysville in the evening.
– The Band of Gold will perform at OMEA State Finals on Saturday, October 28 at Hilliard Darby High School. Expect an evening performance time, but you will need to reserve the entire day.