October 20, 2018
7:00AM – Guard Report Time
7:45AM – Percussion Report Time
8:00AM – Brass & Woodwinds Report Time
8:45AM – Full Band (on the practice field)
10:00AM – Rehearsal concludes. Load Equipment.
10:30AM – Get on uniforms and eat sack lunch
Be sure to have a sack lunch or have something brought to you at this time.
11:10AM – Meet in Auditorium for Announcements
11:25AM – Load Buses
11:35AM – Depart LHS
12:30PM– Arrive at White Field, Newark
1:15PM– Warm Up
2:15PM – BAND OF GOLD PERFORMANCE!
3:00PM – Eat at concessions (or bring food)
3:45PM – Awards
4:30PM – Load Buses
4:45PM – Depart Newark White Field
5:35PM – Arrive at Lancaster HS, unload
5:50PM – Band is dismissed once the band room is clean
Checklist for Saturday
_____ Black Band Socks
_____ Black Band Shoes
_____ Shorts and Dark Shirt (with sleeves) to wear underneath uniform
_____ Black Gloves
– White Field is NOT at Newark High School. The address is 70 N. 11th St, Newark, Ohio.
– General spectator parking is located at the YMCA on Church Street. There is no spectator parking at the stadium other than handicap parking. Do not park at the Circle-K or your car will be towed. Ticket prices are: $7.00 for adults, $5.00 for students and seniors, children 3 and under are free. More info here: http://www.newarkbands.org/invitational.html
– Next week’s Football Game (Thursday, October 25) is our last home game versus Reynoldsburg. It is also Senior Night. – The Band of Gold will perform at OMEA State Finals on Saturday, October 27 at Hilliard Bradley High School. Expect a late morning report time. We will be performing in the evening. Time TBA.
– The Band of Gold’s annual Marching Band Concert will be held on Thursday, November 1 in the High School Auditorium.
– The football team has a chance of making playoffs. The next two games will determine this. Playoff games would be held on Fridays beginning November 2.