Marching Band Parents and Students:
The Memorial Day Parade will be held on Monday, May 27. We will rehearse one day only, on Thursday, May 23 from 3-5pm.
Thank you for working hard to represent Lancaster High School positively throughout our community. Attendance at the parade and the rehearsal are very important in order to have a quality performance.
Monday, May 27, 2019 – Memorial Day Parade
9:00am – Percussion Report Time
9:15am – Guard Report Time
9:30am – Brass/Woodwind Report Time
Band members will meet at the corner of Columbus and Mulberry.
10:30am – Parade begins
11:00am – Parade concludes and ceremony begins at cemetery (approximate time)
11:30am – Ceremony concludes. Band is dismissed (approximate time)
12:00pm – Band room opens to return instruments
Announcements and Reminders for the Week
– New/replacement summer uniform items will be available after Thursday’s rehearsal only.
– The band room will not be open on Monday morning.
– It is extremely important that band members eat breakfast before arriving and drink plenty of water.
– All band members need to check and double check their summer uniforms to make sure they fit. Also, make sure to located and wear white tennis shoes.
– Jewelry cannot be worn in uniform (and no nail polish). Shirts must be tucked in and a black or brown belt should be worn. White socks must be crew length (not ankle length or no-show).
– Parents should plan on picking up your child near the cemetery or another location within walking distance. Plan ahead!