– We will be wearing full uniforms (new black pants and traditional uniform jacket).
– Bring something to eat after rehearsal. You may bring money for food at third quarter break also if you would like.
3:15 PM – Rehearsal on Practice Field
4:20 PM – Load Equipment, Eat (on your own but don’t leave LHS)
4:30 PM – Get on Uniforms
5:05 PM – Meet in Auditorium for Announcements
5:10 PM – Load Buses
5:30 PM – Depart LHS for Whitehall
6:10 PM – Arrive at Whitehall-Yearling High School, Unload
7:00 PM – Kick-Off
8:00 PM – Halftime Performance (approximate time)
9:25 PM – Game concludes (approximate time)
9:50 PM – Depart Whitehall (approximate time)
Band members should contact their parents when we are 20-30 minutes away. If there are ever significant changes to the itinerary, we will post updates on social media.
10:30 PM – Arrive at LHS, Unload equipment as needed (approximate time)
10:50 PM – Band is dismissed once the band room is clean (approximate time)
Checklist for Friday (Football Uniform)
_____ Black Band Socks (crew length)
_____ Black Band Shoes (Dinkles)
_____ Shorts and Dark Shirt (with sleeves) to wear underneath uniform
_____ Black Gloves
_____ Instrument and Accessories
_____ Water for Rehearsal
– If you missed any rehearsals throughout the week, you must speak with a director to see if you will be prepared to perform. This will be done on a case-by-case basis.
– No jewelry or nail polish is to be worn with any uniform, including earrings and other piercings. Hair must be off the shoulders.
– Reminder about itineraries: “To be early is to be on time. To be on time is to be late.”
– If your son/daughter would like to ride home with you after the game, please be sure to check the following guidelines:
“Parents must submit a written request at least 24 hours prior to departure. Notification on the day of the trip cannot be accepted. The student and parent must check out before leaving. There will be an assigned chaperone or staff member near the buses for this purpose.”
– We encourage our parents and band supporters to cheer loudly and enjoy the band from the stands. Due to safety, limited space, and athletic department rules, adults in the end zone must have a chaperone or equipment badge.
– IMPORTANT – Please do not park on either side of the fire lane at any time. This is the drive that loops around directly to the band room and to the front of the GAC entrance. Parents are asked to find a designated parking spot to drop off or pick up your son/daughter.